The Jessie Ball duPont Center is expected to be designated LEED gold..
Energy conservation and green building practices were guideposts for the renovation and resulted in:
- All new glazing throughout the building to conserve energy;
- A white, reflective roof;
- Solar storage tanks with pump stations and roof mounted solar collectors that supplement the electric water heaters;
- Energy efficient lighting and plumbing fixtures;
- Heating ventilating and air conditioning equipment that uses non – ozone depleting refrigerants;
- A secure bicycle room with storage racks, shower and changing locker rooms to encourage the use of alternate means of transportation and reduce the impacts from automobile use.